Seven Budget-friendly Hacks To Revamp Your Kitchen



Nowadays when we are encouraged to stay at home, it is indeed difficult to stay away from the tempting spot of gastronomic pleasure aka the kitchen. Not sure if it’s just me, but the fridge always seems to have a way with my hands and feet – they automatically pull me to that cookie jar! In an attempt to distract me from eating like a horse, I find myself trying to organize and re-organize stuff in the kitchen. With all the sugar rush I guess it’s not hard to keep the creative juices flowing, eh? Below are some budget-friendly kitchen makeover hacks I want to share with you. Pro tip: The materials can be purchased from any hardware store in the Philippines 😊



1. Magnetic Mason Jars Shelf


Good ol’ mason jars, yes. Tons of DIY crafts can be done with these charming containers and hanging them on shelves is stepping up the game. With a wood shelf, paint, ring rare earth magnets, glue, and steel washers, you can put up a gravity-defying spice display in your kitchen.

Full tutorial here





2. Herb Garden Jars


Yes, I’m not done yet with the mason jars – I cannot let this project off the hook because, well, it is hooked. Hook on those herb planters you have where the sunlight comes in and you’ll literally be picking fresh herbs whenever you’re cooking.


Full tutorial here



3. Hidden Trash Can Cabinet


When the cats started turning the trash cans over I knew something needed to be done. I knew the bin of feline treasured scraps needed to be hidden. Out came the drill, wood glue, hinges, and arm muscles that needed toning. This made me realise having a trusty drill handy is worth the investment. I got mine from this hardware store in the Philippines and it worked like a dream.


Full tutorial here


4. Chalkboard List


Something to write on, of course! Whether it be a grocery list, a big day reminder, or simply a thoughtful greeting to your kids, a chalkboard posted on any area of the kitchen adds a personal and artsy touch.


Full tutorial here




5. Wire Baskets Organizer


Bringing out my drill again for this project, along with some screws, recycled wood, and wire baskets. As you may notice, I love hanging stuff so the kitchen counter stays out of clutter as much as possible. You wouldn’t want to be crammed up in space while feasting on nibbles, right?


Full tutorial here




6. Pot and Lid Rack


Now don’t judge me with the everything-needs-to-be-hung theme going around here. I am one of those who don’t have the time and patience to look for things in drawers when I’m cooking. Seeing everything in a glance makes the cooking and preparation faster – that means the hungry family gets fed faster as well 😉


Full tutorial here





7. Grocery Bag Dispenser


My personal favorite as it is about recycling. You are not throwing that Pringles can away as it can be re-used as a plastic dispenser. With the right amount of creativity alongside adhesive, scissors, and your favorite wrapping paper you are all set to make this environment-friendly project.


Full tutorial here





Carving for more projects to come! Hopefully you get to try one, if not all, of these projects. With the availability of online hardware stores in the Philippines, purchasing materials became easier and safer (considering the pandemic). Coco lumber, plywood, screws, paint – name it and they have it.


Happy crafting (and munching)!



No comments

Powered by Blogger.